Are you new to sports card breaking? follow these 5 easy steps to achieve a successful sports card case break
For those of you who are unaware, a case break is an event in which a case of cards is opened up and divided among the collectors who purchased them. It can be compared to a traditional raffle but the only difference is that each buyer is guaranteed a certain number of cards.
Steps to Achieve a Successful Case Break
There are a series of steps that go into making a case break event successful. If these steps are followed properly you can ensure that your case break event will turn out to be a huge success. These steps are discussed below;
Step 1: Choosing the Best Case and Ordering It
- Before you can begin this process you need to find a case that you like. Every case has a different set of cards and has a different price so you need to find the case that is best suited for your needs. After finding the best case, you need to make an order.
Before you finalize your order, you need to make sure that the order is placed through a reputable distributor. If the distributor comes through for you with the first order, it is essential that you establish a relationship with them so you can continue ordering your future cases through them.
Step 2: Presale Strategies
- If you decide to sell your cards online, it is a great idea to try to pre-sell some of your stock. You can start pre-selling your cards a month before through reputable online stores like eBay. While you are selling online it is important to remember that you do not want to list more than two entries of the same set.
If you will list more sets then this will create an abundance of supply which can cause problems later on.
Step 3: Opening the Cases When They Arrive
- As soon as your order arrives, it is time to decide the proper schedule you want to follow to open these cases. It is often beneficial to try to open 10 or more cases a day so that you can go through your case at a relatively quick pace to move onto the next step. After you have finished opening your decided number of packages in a day, the next step is to open the packs. This is the most hectic part of the process as it can take hours if you decide to do it on your own.
So, it can be beneficial if you decide to get help while you are opening these packs.
Step 4: Sorting
- After you have opened all your packs, it is time to sort them properly. Cards are normally sorted by type (base, parallel, insert, etc). There are different strategies that can be adopted when you are sorting these cards. Some people start sorting by 100’s then move to 10’s and then 1’s. This is not an ideal way as it wastes a lot of unnecessary time. Another method that is much more efficient is going from 10’s to 1’s as this saves up quite a lot of time.
There are a plethora of strategies that can be implemented to save time. For instance, it is ideal if you organize the cards into singles and then store them all face-up. This can be advantageous as you can view the cards while you are sorting them.
Step 5: Shipping the Cards
- After the cards have been properly sorted, the next step is to start shipping them days in advance so that they are delivered on time. Shipping can be a particularly long and arduous process if you decide to go at it alone. That is why it is often a better strategy to employ people who can help you with the packaging of the cards as well as the labeling of the boxes that are being shipped out.
In the aforementioned article, we have discussed some necessary steps that make a sports card case breaking successful. If you have any queries about sports cards in general or if you want to submit your pre-owned cards for group grading, you can contact us today at Golden Card Breaks.