Here is the list of the top 5 most sought after sports cards
In the last few years, sports cards have become increasingly popular. Sports cards are being actively collected and traded. If you are new to the world of sports card collecting, we have listed below some of the most loved and sought after sports cards.
LeBron James Topps Chrome 2003 – 04 : $23,990
- There are about 2068 of these cards in existence. They are considered to be really popular not only amongst the basketball community but also amongst football and soccer fans. A lot of people have them stashed away, waiting for the opportune moment to cash this card.
The PSA 10 copies of this card saw their value double, almost immediately after LeBron joined LA. This card has several versions such as standard refractor, black refractor, xfractor, and the incredibly rare gold refractor.
Ken Griffey Jr. Upper Deck 1989: $2,578
- This sports card was a national favorite in the 1980s and the 1990s. PSA estimates that there are almost 3903 of these cards. Ken Griffey Jr. sports cards are a must-have for all the old sports card collectors. Even today, it has a reasonable value in the secondary trade market and actively changes hands. Ken Griffey Jr. cards are frequently submitted for grading and valuation.
Recently, Ken Griffey Jr. was inducted into the Hall of Fame 2016 and as a result, many of the new generation sports card collectors became familiar with him. A survey suggested that Ken Griffey Jr. is arguably the most recognizable sports card of the present generation.
Luka Doncic Panini Prizm 2018 – 19 :$1,083
- In 2012, Panini released a marquee chrome-like brand known as Prizm. They’ve released several sports cards and many are among the favorites of sports cards collectors. Luka Doncic is a relatively new card, a rookie card as identified by collectors. Due to his national and foreign fame, his card‘s value has skyrocketed and is expected to rise even further. Several online platforms have seen this card being traded and sold.
PSA has identified over 15600 such cards to be owned by sports card collectors. There is an ever-increasing demand for its PSA 10 Gem mint condition card. At present, such cards cost over $1500. An equally popular version of this card is the Silver Prizm.
Tom Brady Bowman Chrome 2000: $18,510
- Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr., better known as Tom Brady is a popular football card. PSA identifies about 1058 as the population of this sports card. Tom Brady is a 6-time winner of Super Bowl rings and a 14 time Pro Bowler, therefore his popularity is not a surprise.
Bowman Chrome is a highly sought after sports card of Tom Brady. BGS9 and PSA 9 sports cards of Tom Brady are more valuable as compared to a mint condition raw copy. Since there is no rookie card, the Bowman Chrome has become highly collectible.
Mike Trout Topps Update 2011:$4,500
- In the last 5 years, the Mike Trout Topps Update #US175 rookie card has seen an increase in interest and value. It has a population of 5178. Generally, sports card collectors refer to this card as the Trout Update.
Despite the card looking very basic, it has a pretty high value. It is a thin card stock, simple design, minimal foil, and a paper base. PSA 10 Gem mint condition copies of this card are selling for over $4500 a piece. Mike Trout is a famous baseball player and has a fan base comprising both young and old fans.
If you are interested in getting your sports cards graded, valued, and even traded then look no further. We, at Golden Card Breaks, are the leading sports cards distributor and seller. Contact us today and learn how you can be a valuable part of the sports card collector family.