Are you want to become professional, here are 6 different types of sports card breaks for newbies
Multiple people have taken up card collecting as a hobby. Tad to an increased interest in sports card breaks and they have become immensely popular over the last decade.
It has reached a point that almost every other sports fan has become a sports card breaker on social media and for some people, it also generates a constant revenue stream. So, if you are someone who takes card collection as a hobby or you want to become a card breaker yourself then it is important to learn about the different types of card breaks and the reason for their popularity.
Types of Card Breaks
- Before you decide to either get into the hobby or card collection or become a card breaker yourself, it is important to have a general understanding of different card variants and which are the best card breaks to go for. With that being said, let us talk about different types of card breaks.
Pick Your Team ( PYT )
- The most common and popular card break is the Pick Your Team. In this type of card breaking, you simply purchase a singular team in the break, and afterward, you receive cards that are specifically associated with that team.
Pick Your Player ( PYP )
- Pick Your Player or PYP is a straight variant of the PYT card break. In this type of card break, you pick a player and receive all available cards for him. This type of card break can go wrong rather quickly if you are relatively new to the card-breaking game and have no idea what is the value of a particular player in a sports card.
PYP carries a certain risk and hence is a viable option that is adopted by experienced card breakers only.
Random or Drafted Breaks
- Other than PYT, this type of card break is the most popular among card breakers. This type of card break normally works by you purchasing a single team spot that normally consists of 30 spots for the same team or a three-team spot that consists of 10 spots per team. There are other combinations that are available but these two are the most common.
When you buy this type of break you need to be mindful that you are not purchasing a specific team but rather a spot. Well, your next thought might be how are the teams determined then? And the answer to that is the teams are determined either through randomizing or through a snake-style draft.
- This kind of card break is essentially similar to buying a sports card pack at your local card shop. This sports break is normally associated with a specific set of card companies like Panini Stars and Stripes. This is due to the fact that the checklist mostly consists of players that do not play on major professional teams and because of that they are practically impossible to sell in a traditional team or spot setup.
Each box in this type of card break consists of 5 cards which are all sold at the same price. they are then opened for spot purchasers which makes this break similar to buying cards at a shop as stated above.
- This type of card break normally consists of relatively expensive products. Every card in this break is a hit that is bought and sold at a high rate thus making this type of card break more of a high-tier one.
In the text above we have talked about some of the major types of sports card breaks that are popular in the market today. Each type of break has its own set of benefits that make them unique in its own way.
It is up to you to decide what kind of card break is best suited for you based on your budget and requirements. If you have any more queries about sports card breaks, looking to purchase a sports card box, or want to get your pre-owned vintage sports cards group graded, you can contact us today at Golden Card Breaks.